Find out how a chiropractor could be the doctor you need to get back pain under control.
We weren’t meant to spend hours of our day sitting. Unfortunately, most Americans sit for hours on end. If you are dealing with lower back pain due to poor posture or a sedentary lifestyle, our Houma, LA, chiropractor Dr. Patrick Haydel can help you get your back pain under control with regular spinal adjustments.
What are spinal adjustments?
A spinal or chiropractic adjustment is a special hands-on therapy in which we will use our hands or a device to apply pressure to certain areas of the body to realign the vertebrae of the spine. When the spine is out of alignment, this can lead to pinched nerves, muscle tension, pain and inflammation, and trigger points. Through regular spinal adjustments, we can,
- Reduce pain and swelling
- Release pressure placed on certain nerves, ligaments, tendons and muscles
- Boost blood flow and improve circulation
- Stimulate the body’s natural healing processes
- Reduce tension
- Improve range of motion and flexibility
Spinal Adjustments are Safe
When you find a trained and licensed chiropractor that you trust, you know you’re in good hands (literally!). Even the NIH has concluded that spinal manipulation and adjustments are safe and effective for people dealing with lower back pain. If you are dealing with lower back pain despite rest and self-care, it may be time to consider the benefits of chiropractic therapy. It can also be used along with conventional treatment options to provide you with more well-rounded and effective care.
Chiropractic Treatment is Drug-Free
While pain relievers can help manage acute forms of lower back pain, we don’t think it’s a good idea to rely heavily on painkillers because these medications don’t treat the underlying cause of your pain. Here at our Houma, LA, practice, our chiropractor Dr. Haydel and his team will work to uncover the root cause of your lower back pain to provide you with a more detailed and customized chiropractic treatment plan that may include everything from spinal adjustments and special exercises to ergonomic recommendations to improve posture.
Are you looking for a chiropractor in Houma, LA, that can help you get your lower back pain under control? If so, call Haydel Chiropractic today at (985) 872-1133 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Haydel.
If you suffer from neck and back pain, you may find that it’s difficult to enjoy the activities you once did. There are common causes of neck and back pain that can be treated by Dr. Patrick Haydel at Haydel Chiropractic in Houma, LA. Treating your pain can give you a better quality of life and may help you enjoy the activities you love again!
Causes of Neck and Back Pain
Neck pain is slightly less common than back pain but is just as important to identify. Some common causes of neck and back pain include:
- Muscle strain
- Herniated disc
- Disc disease
Managing Your Neck and Back Pain
Once your chiropractor in Houma, LA, is able to determine the direct cause of your neck and back pain, they’ll be able to find the best course of treatment to relieve some of your pain. The most common form of treatment is with rest, ice or heat application, and rehabilitation with physical therapy. Physical therapy can provide you with exercises to strengthen some of the muscles in your neck and back, making it easier to deal with the strain that you may experience in your daily life. Your chiropractor may also recommend anti-inflammatory medications, such as aspirin, to help you deal with some of the flare-ups you may experience.
With rest and the other forms of treatment, you should notice a change in how your body reacts to stress from whichever conditions you may be dealing with. In extreme cases, your doctor may recommend other forms of treatment, such as surgery, but only when non-surgical treatments fail to work.
Contact Your Chiropractor Today!
Start managing your pain by talking to your chiropractor today. Contact Dr. Patrick Haydel at Haydel Chiropractic in Houma, LA, to learn more about dealing with your neck and back pain and what may be causing it. Call to schedule an appointment today at (985) 872-1133.
Massage therapy from your chiropractor in Houma, LA, can help you feel better.
Everyone knows massage therapy can help you relax, but did you know massage therapy can also help you and your body heal? It’s true! In fact, there are many benefits to massage therapy besides relaxation. Dr. Patrick Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, in Houma, LA, offers a wide range of chiropractic and wellness services, including massage therapy to help you feel better.
Massage therapy has been practiced for centuries to relieve pain. These are just a few of the conditions in which massage therapy can help:
- Stress management and sleep issues
- Allergy and sinus problems
- Digestive and circulatory issues
- Muscle, ligament, or tendon strain
- Joint problems like arthritis
- TMJ issues or headaches
- Nerve problems like carpal tunnel
If you are in a car accident, suffer a sports injury, or have had surgery, massage therapy can help you heal faster, and with less pain. That’s because massage therapy helps boost circulation, and sufficient blood flow is critical to helping your tissue heal.
Massage therapy is also helpful to relax and lengthen tense and tight muscles, which can improve your flexibility and range of motion. It’s important to maintain mobility so you can keep doing the activities you love.
Dr. Haydel may recommend the benefits of massage therapy on its own, or combined with other treatment options including, hot and cold therapy, stretching, exercise, and adjustments. Massage therapy can include using compression, vibration, or moving and fixed pressure to help you achieve optimum results.
Massage therapy has been practiced since ancient times to promote healing and wellness. Now you can enjoy these ancient techniques for yourself. To find out more about the benefits of massage therapy and other chiropractic and wellness services, call Dr. Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, in Houma, LA, at (985) 872-1133 now!
Are you tired of living with pain? Dry needling, one of the services offered by your Houma, LA, chiropractor, Dr. Patrick Haydel, may provide a simple, effective solution for many painful conditions.
How does dry needling work?
During dry needling, your chiropractor inserts a hair-thin needle into your skin and muscles. Once inserted, the needle creates a tiny lesion or wound. When your body recognizes the wound, it immediately begins to repair it by generating new tissue to replace the injured tissue. The treatment is called "dry" needling because the needle doesn't contain any medication. Dry needling may be one of the treatments offered to you during your visit to the Houma chiropractic office.
What conditions can be helped by dry needling?
Dry needling can be used to treat many conditions, including trigger points. The hard knots or ridges in your muscles form when muscle fibers contract and never relax again. In addition to causing pain at the site of the knot, referred pain can also be a problem. Referred pain is pain that travels from the original site to another part of the body. When dry needling is used to treat trigger points, the muscle resets, which allows the fibers to relax.
Dry needling is also helpful for:
- Muscle spasms
- Neck and back pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Tennis elbow
- Scar tissue and adhesions
- Complex regional pain syndrome
Ways you can benefit from dry needling
Dry needling offers several important benefits, including:
- Improved Blood and Lymph Flow: Blood flow is often restricted after an injury. Dry needling restores normal blood flow to muscles and soft tissues, making it easier for oxygen and nutrients to reach these structures. Once blood flow is restored, healing can begin. The treatment also helps your lymphatic system remove toxins and wastes from your body more efficiently.
- Less Pain: In addition to relieving trigger points, dry needling also decreases inflammation that can make muscles feel stiff and sore, reduces muscle tension, and calms irritated nerves.
- Better Range of Motion: Dry needling can be helpful in breaking apart scar tissue and adhesions that reduce your range of motion.
- Natural Pain Relief: Treatments prompt your body to produce chemicals that act as natural pain killers. Thanks to dry needling, you may be able to stop taking pain medication or at least reduce the dosage.
Relieve your pain with dry needling! Call your chiropractor in Houma, LA, Dr. Patrick Haydel, at (985) 872-1133 to schedule your appointment.
Are you still feeling the effects of a painful work-related or sports injury? If you're eager to get back to work or your favorite activity, your Houma, LA, chiropractor, Dr. Patrick Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, offers a variety of effective treatments.
How chiropractic treatment can help you
Whether you strained your back lifting a heavy box at work or hurt your neck playing soccer, chiropractic care can ease your pain and speed your recovery. Treatments offer an effective way to:
- Improve Spinal Alignment: Spinal misalignments, called subluxations, often occur after an injury. Subluxations happen when vertebrae in your spine move out of their normal alignment, which can cause pain in your back or neck. When the vertebrae aren't properly aligned, your muscles may also become tense and painful. Misaligned vertebrae or tight muscles can press on nerves, increasing pain. Fortunately, a chiropractic treatment called spinal manipulation quickly restores the alignment of your spine.
- Reduce Your Pain: Spinal manipulation, massage, ultrasound therapy, electrical nerve stimulation and other treatments relieve your pain naturally. Treatments also prompt your body to produce endorphins, hormones that reduce pain and stress.
- Improve Your Range of Motion: It can be difficult to carry out your job responsibilities or play basketball if your range of motion is limited. Chiropractic treatment breaks apart scar tissue and adhesions that limit your range of motion.
- Relieve Inflammation: Inflammation tends to lead to tight, stiff, sore muscles. Spinal manipulation, massage and other treatments reduce inflammation and improve your comfort.
- Speed Healing: Healing may be delayed if the injured area doesn't receive an adequate flow of blood. After an injury, white blood cells rush to the site of the injury and begin repairing the tissue. Unfortunately, some injuries can restrict blood flow, making it difficult to heal fully. Chiropractic treatment restores normal blood flow, jump-starting the healing process.
- Stop Headaches: Headaches can be a problem after an injury even if you didn't hurt your head. A subluxation in your neck or tight muscles in your neck, shoulders or upper back can cause annoying headaches. Thanks to the treatment you receive at the Houma chiropractic office, your headaches may decrease or stop altogether.
Ready to try chiropractic treatment? Call your chiropractor in Houma, LA, Dr. Patrick Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, at (985) 872-1133 to schedule your appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.