Massage therapy from your chiropractor in Houma, LA, can help you feel better.
Everyone knows massage therapy can help you relax, but did you know massage therapy can also help you and your body heal? It’s true! In fact, there are many benefits to massage therapy besides relaxation. Dr. Patrick Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, in Houma, LA, offers a wide range of chiropractic and wellness services, including massage therapy to help you feel better.
Massage therapy has been practiced for centuries to relieve pain. These are just a few of the conditions in which massage therapy can help:
- Stress management and sleep issues
- Allergy and sinus problems
- Digestive and circulatory issues
- Muscle, ligament, or tendon strain
- Joint problems like arthritis
- TMJ issues or headaches
- Nerve problems like carpal tunnel
If you are in a car accident, suffer a sports injury, or have had surgery, massage therapy can help you heal faster, and with less pain. That’s because massage therapy helps boost circulation, and sufficient blood flow is critical to helping your tissue heal.
Massage therapy is also helpful to relax and lengthen tense and tight muscles, which can improve your flexibility and range of motion. It’s important to maintain mobility so you can keep doing the activities you love.
Dr. Haydel may recommend the benefits of massage therapy on its own, or combined with other treatment options including, hot and cold therapy, stretching, exercise, and adjustments. Massage therapy can include using compression, vibration, or moving and fixed pressure to help you achieve optimum results.
Massage therapy has been practiced since ancient times to promote healing and wellness. Now you can enjoy these ancient techniques for yourself. To find out more about the benefits of massage therapy and other chiropractic and wellness services, call Dr. Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, in Houma, LA, at (985) 872-1133 now!
Are you tired of living with pain? Dry needling, one of the services offered by your Houma, LA, chiropractor, Dr. Patrick Haydel, may provide a simple, effective solution for many painful conditions.
How does dry needling work?
During dry needling, your chiropractor inserts a hair-thin needle into your skin and muscles. Once inserted, the needle creates a tiny lesion or wound. When your body recognizes the wound, it immediately begins to repair it by generating new tissue to replace the injured tissue. The treatment is called "dry" needling because the needle doesn't contain any medication. Dry needling may be one of the treatments offered to you during your visit to the Houma chiropractic office.
What conditions can be helped by dry needling?
Dry needling can be used to treat many conditions, including trigger points. The hard knots or ridges in your muscles form when muscle fibers contract and never relax again. In addition to causing pain at the site of the knot, referred pain can also be a problem. Referred pain is pain that travels from the original site to another part of the body. When dry needling is used to treat trigger points, the muscle resets, which allows the fibers to relax.
Dry needling is also helpful for:
- Muscle spasms
- Neck and back pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Tennis elbow
- Scar tissue and adhesions
- Complex regional pain syndrome
Ways you can benefit from dry needling
Dry needling offers several important benefits, including:
- Improved Blood and Lymph Flow: Blood flow is often restricted after an injury. Dry needling restores normal blood flow to muscles and soft tissues, making it easier for oxygen and nutrients to reach these structures. Once blood flow is restored, healing can begin. The treatment also helps your lymphatic system remove toxins and wastes from your body more efficiently.
- Less Pain: In addition to relieving trigger points, dry needling also decreases inflammation that can make muscles feel stiff and sore, reduces muscle tension, and calms irritated nerves.
- Better Range of Motion: Dry needling can be helpful in breaking apart scar tissue and adhesions that reduce your range of motion.
- Natural Pain Relief: Treatments prompt your body to produce chemicals that act as natural pain killers. Thanks to dry needling, you may be able to stop taking pain medication or at least reduce the dosage.
Relieve your pain with dry needling! Call your chiropractor in Houma, LA, Dr. Patrick Haydel, at (985) 872-1133 to schedule your appointment.
Are you still feeling the effects of a painful work-related or sports injury? If you're eager to get back to work or your favorite activity, your Houma, LA, chiropractor, Dr. Patrick Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, offers a variety of effective treatments.
How chiropractic treatment can help you
Whether you strained your back lifting a heavy box at work or hurt your neck playing soccer, chiropractic care can ease your pain and speed your recovery. Treatments offer an effective way to:
- Improve Spinal Alignment: Spinal misalignments, called subluxations, often occur after an injury. Subluxations happen when vertebrae in your spine move out of their normal alignment, which can cause pain in your back or neck. When the vertebrae aren't properly aligned, your muscles may also become tense and painful. Misaligned vertebrae or tight muscles can press on nerves, increasing pain. Fortunately, a chiropractic treatment called spinal manipulation quickly restores the alignment of your spine.
- Reduce Your Pain: Spinal manipulation, massage, ultrasound therapy, electrical nerve stimulation and other treatments relieve your pain naturally. Treatments also prompt your body to produce endorphins, hormones that reduce pain and stress.
- Improve Your Range of Motion: It can be difficult to carry out your job responsibilities or play basketball if your range of motion is limited. Chiropractic treatment breaks apart scar tissue and adhesions that limit your range of motion.
- Relieve Inflammation: Inflammation tends to lead to tight, stiff, sore muscles. Spinal manipulation, massage and other treatments reduce inflammation and improve your comfort.
- Speed Healing: Healing may be delayed if the injured area doesn't receive an adequate flow of blood. After an injury, white blood cells rush to the site of the injury and begin repairing the tissue. Unfortunately, some injuries can restrict blood flow, making it difficult to heal fully. Chiropractic treatment restores normal blood flow, jump-starting the healing process.
- Stop Headaches: Headaches can be a problem after an injury even if you didn't hurt your head. A subluxation in your neck or tight muscles in your neck, shoulders or upper back can cause annoying headaches. Thanks to the treatment you receive at the Houma chiropractic office, your headaches may decrease or stop altogether.
Ready to try chiropractic treatment? Call your chiropractor in Houma, LA, Dr. Patrick Haydel of Haydel Chiropractic, at (985) 872-1133 to schedule your appointment.
Promote better health and wellbeing through regular massage therapy sessions.
While massages are certainly used to help a person relax and unwind, they can also be used to address a wide range of musculoskeletal complaints. Whether you are dealing with pain, stiffness, a pinched nerve or limited range of motion, our Houma, LA, chiropractor Dr. Patrick Haydel can help alleviate your symptoms with massage therapy.
Ease Anxiety and Depression
While many people associate massage therapy with injuries and conditions that affect the functionality of joints, soft tissue, ligament, bones and nerves, most people dealing with depression and anxiety can also benefit from regular massage sessions.
Massage therapy may even drop cortisol levels by as much as 30 percent while boosting “happy hormones” such as dopamine and serotonin. Plus, massage provides a calming experience to help lower blood pressure and slow down the heart rate.
Say Goodbye to Tension Headaches
If you find yourself rubbing your temples during the day you may need to book an appointment with your massage therapist. After all, massage won’t just alleviate current headaches but also reduce the pain and severity of future tension headaches. Most tension headaches result from tight, tense neck and shoulder muscles. By massaging those areas and loosening up those muscles we can prevent tension headaches.
Boost Your Immune System
Massage therapy may also help you stave off the common cold and other infections. That’s right! Massage therapy can help to flush out toxins from the body while also enhancing immune system function by increasing white blood cells, which can help the body fight off infections. If you’re prone to getting sick you may want to get regular massage therapy to help support a healthy immune system.
Get Better Sleep
Massage therapy is incredibly relaxing, which can help those who have trouble sleeping. Whether you deal with bouts of insomnia or pain conditions make it difficult to get comfortable while sleeping, regular massage therapy sessions with our Houma, LA, chiropractor could help you sleep better. In fact, massage therapy may even be effective on babies to help soothe them and get them to sleep better.
Are you interested in scheduling your first massage therapy appointment? If so, call Haydel Chiropractic today at (985) 872-1133 to book your next visit.
If you're experiencing a dull ache, sharp pain or continued stiffness in your neck or back, don't wait. Contact Dr. Patrick Haydel at Haydel Chiropractic in Houma, LA. An expert in the function, dysfunction and adjustment of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, Dr. Haydel can help you manage--or even eliminate--your neck and back pain. You can feel like yourself again.
Your amazing spine
It's a mechanical wonder comprised of bones, cartilage, nerves, muscles, ligaments, and blood vessels. Due to injury, overuse, sports, age, sleep position, lifting, obesity, disease or other circumstance, you can experience neck (cervical spine) or back pain (thoracic or lumbar spine) of varying degrees. The question is, what can you do about it so you can go about your normal life?
Getting help for neck and back pain
At Haydel Chiropractic in Houma, Dr. Haydel and his team provide comprehensive chiropractic exams, X-ray imaging and services you need to lead a comfortable, functional life. Chiropractic adjustments correct your spine when it's misaligned. These subluxations can place pressure on both the hard and soft tissues of the back and neck. Subluxations lead to deterioration of associated soft tissues, leading to inactivity and further loss of function.
To help your specific problem, Dr. Haydel will put you on a treatment plan to correct the underlying problem and strengthen and balance your muscular function. Other goals include reduction of inflammation and improvement of posture, range of motion and balance and more.
Your plan may include:
- Ice to the affected area
- Rest (but avoiding prolonged bed rest)
- Over the counter pain medications
- Massage therapy
- DTS spinal decompression therapy to reduce pressure on intervertebral discs (the spine's natural shock absorbers)
- Physical therapy
- Achieving and maintaining a proper body weight
- Learning the right way to lift
- Smoking cessation to improve circulation and to keep bones strong
- Staying active
Back and neck pain are all too common
The American Chiropractic Association says back and neck pain is a leading reason for disability in adults across the world. Don't ignore your discomfort. Get your life back with care from the experts at Haydel Chiropractic in Houma, LA. Call for a consultation with Dr. Patrick Haydel: (985) 872-1133.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.