What your chiropractor in Houma wants you to know
If you have ever experienced the smashing, crushing force of a car accident, you know how vulnerable your body is to injury. You may just have a few cuts and bruises, but you can also have body damage that you won’t see. Your body can be hurt in countless ways, even if you are wearing your seatbelt. Dr. Patrick Haydel at Haydel Chiropractic in Houma, LA wants to share some of the injuries and treatments associated with car accidents.
Car accidents throw your body around, injuring tendons, ligaments, muscles, and bones. Many car accident victims complain of back, neck, and body pain for months or even years after the accident. The direction of impact can have a huge effect on what area of your body is injured. For example:
- If the impact is from the front, lower limbs and chest may be affected.
- Side impact accidents can affect your head, chest, legs, and abdomen.
- Rear impact accidents can damage your head, neck, chest, and spine.
If you are in a car accident, you can try simple home remedies to help ease discomfort. Consider:
- Resting for the first 24 hours following an accident
- Placing ice or heat packs on affected, painful areas
- Stretching out gently to keep you flexible
For stubborn, serious pain, Dr. Haydel can help with a variety of treatments including:
- Therapeutic massage
- Joint manipulation
- Electrical stimulation
- Physical therapy
- DTS Spinal decompression therapy
- Deep tissue laser therapy
To view office, health, and wellness videos please visit the Video Gallery page on the website at http://www.haydelchiropractic.com/video-testimonials.html
Car accident injuries can transform your life, and not in a good way. You deserve to live a life free of pain, and your chiropractor can help. For more information about the treatment of injuries from car accidents and other trauma call Dr. Haydel at Haydel Chiropractic in Houma, LA. Get some relief from pain by calling today!